Terms and Conditions
Harvest Ventures Inc., along with its subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates ("Harvest Ventures Inc."), provides the information and services on its World Wide Web site(s) (the "Site") under the following terms and conditions.
Harvest reserves the right to make changes or updates with respect to or in the Content of the Site or the format thereof at any time without notice. Harvest reserves the right to terminate or restrict access to the Site for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion.
2. LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Your access to and use of this Site is subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Site in any way that violates such laws or regulations.
3. Copyright notice. Copyright and all other proprietary rights in the Content (including but not limited to software, audio, video, text and photographs) rest with Harvest or its licensors. All rights in the Content not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Harvest or the copyright owner. All copyright and other proprietary notices shall be retained on all permitted reproductions. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download the materials on this Site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. You also may not, without Harvest's permission, "mirror" any material contained on this Site on any other server. This permission terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed materials. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy, communications, regulations and statutes.
Any material or information sent through or in connection with this Site by you ("User Materials") will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and immediately become the property of Harvest, subject to the applicable Privacy Statement posted on this Site. Harvest may use such User Materials as it deems fit, anywhere in the world, without obligation for compensation, and free of any moral rights, intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights in or to such User Materials.
This Site may contain references to specific Harvest products and services that may not be (readily) available in a particular country. Any such reference does not imply or warrant that any such products or services shall be available at any time in any particular country. Please contact your local Harvest business contact for further information.
4. TRADEMARKS. Unless otherwise indicated, all trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of Harvest (or its affiliates, subsidiaries or divisions). These include each of Harvest's primary product brands and service offerings and its corporate logos and emblems.
5. TAMPERING. User agrees not to modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in Harvest's Site. User also agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site.
6. INDEMNITY. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Harvest, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Content (including software) or your breach of the terms of this Agreement. Harvest shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
7. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although Harvest monitors the information on the Site, some of the information may be supplied by independent third parties. While Harvest makes every effort to insure the accuracy of all information on the Site, Harvest makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Site may contain links that will let you access other Web sites that are not under the control of Harvest. The links are only provided as a convenience and Harvest does not endorse any of these sites. Harvest assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may accessed on other Web sites reached through this Site, nor does Harvest make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such site.
9. LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. Harvest prohibits unauthorized links to the Site and the framing of any information contained on the site or any portion of the Site. Harvest reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. Harvest has no responsibility or liability for any material on other Web sites that may contain links to this Site.
10. NO WARRANTIES. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on this Site, Harvest assumes no liability therefore. Information and documents provided on this Site are provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE". Harvest hereby disclaims any representations and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title or as to operation or content. Harvest uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Harvest periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this Site (including but not limited to products, pricings, programs, events, and offers) without notice. Harvest assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site. Your use of this Site is at your own risk.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Harvest OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR DIVISIONS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA) THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR DUE TO ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE INTERNET, EVEN IF Harvest WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ANY ACTION BROUGHT AGAINST Harvest PERTAINING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE MUST BE COMMENCED AND NOTIFIED TO Harvest IN WRITING WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DATE THE CAUSE FOR ACTION AROSE.
12. PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our Sites is important to Harvest. The Harvest Privacy Statement, as updated and amended from time to time, describes how we use and protect information you provide to us.
13. SECURITY. The security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. Harvest DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ANY INFORMATION SENT MAY BE INTERCEPTED. Harvest DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS, WHICH MAKE THIS SITE AVAILABLE OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT BY Harvest ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. Harvest is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. You are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of Harvest sites. In order to protect you and your data, Harvest may suspend your use of a client site, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
14. TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA. You acknowledges and agree that by providing Harvest with any personal information through the Site, you consent to the transmission of such personal information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with Harvest's standard business practices and the applicable Privacy Statement.
15. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
16. FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. The information on this Site may contain certain projections or forward-looking statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations and business of Harvest or any of its affiliates and certain plans and objectives of Harvest with respect to these items. By their nature, projections and forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these projections or forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, levels of business spending in major economies, the levels of marketing and promotional expenditures by Harvest and its competitors, raw materials and employee costs, changes in future exchange and interest rates (in particular, changes in the euro and the US dollar can materially affect results), changes in tax rates and future business combinations, acquisitions or dispositions and the rate of technical changes.
17. SPECIFIC SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE. Any software that may be made available to download from the Site (the "Software") is the copyrighted work of Harvest and/or a third party providing that Software. Software made available for downloading from or through this Site is licensed subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement, which may accompany or be included with the Software ("License Agreement"). An end user may be unable to install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement, unless the end user first agrees to the License Agreement terms. Except as set forth in the applicable License Agreement, the Software is made available for use by end users only and any further copying, reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited. WARRANTIES, IF ANY, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SOFTWARE SHALL ONLY APPLY AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT. Harvest HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL FURTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE.
Terms of Harvest Ventures Services
- Consulting Services
Consulting services are carried out both on-site and off-site. This consulting forms the backbone of the implementation and involves onsite training and business consulting for your software. Harvest will quote an hourly rate for these services.
- Travel Expenses
Airline Travel expenses are charged at the relevant invoice amount, with a 10% mark-up for administration.
Mileage outside of staff home city is charged to the customer for travel to and from the staff Home site. Travel time less than 1 hour is not charged in addition to this mileage fee.
Other expenses for site work are covered by a flat Per Diem fee. This fee covers all hotels, meals, taxi charges and other incidentals. Note: For administrative ease Receipts will not be provided for expenses covered under the Per Diem.
- Terms and Method of Payment
An account for The Client will be established based on a 30 Day term for activities after the implementation. Initial fees for software, support and maintenance invoiced are due at special terms of 75% due on Order of Software with the balance due on installation of software on your Server.
Harvest Ventures Inc. adheres to strict payment guidelines, as part of normal good business practices. Harvest Ventures Inc. accepts Company Cheques as methods of
Implementation Consulting services are billed Twice a month and are due net 15 days from invoice date, with accompanying job details. Harvest Ventures Inc. does NOT accept payment by Credit Card
5. Harvest Business Automation Tools Terms of Ownership
All licenses are Site Licenses.
The Client may install the software on as many servers and workstations as required for their activities and Use the software against as many databases as required.
Source code is not provided for either VB or VBA applications.
All inventions, systems, processes, procedures, designs, innovations and improvements (whether or not patentable and whether or not copyrightable) related to the Services provided by Harvest (collectively, the 'Work Product'), which are made, conceived, reduced to practice, created, written, designed or developed by Harvest, solely or jointly with others in connection with the provision of the Services shall be the sole property of Harvest. Harvest will furnish Client the agreed up on Work Product and supporting documents for Client's exclusive internal use and reliance in connection with the Services performed under the Agreement, Client agrees that under no circumstances shall any Work Product be distributed to any third parties, be published, used in advertising, or be used at any location or for any project not expressly provided for in this Agreement without the prior written consent of Harvest. Any authorized use of distribution of the Work Product shall be at Client's and recipient's sole risk and without liability to Harvest. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Harvest harmless from any unauthorized use and distribution of Harvest's Work Product, including attorney fees and costs incurred by Harvest while enforcing or defending the terms of this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to benefit any third parties. The foregoing shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Harvest can accommodate requests to escrow all standard and custom source code at a reasonable fee. Changes and/or customizations are specifically contracted for to guarantee precise/unique functionality requested by Client and timing of completion. Harvest does not make full or partial rebates available for customizations added to generally available Business Automation Tools. Any changes requested to standard policy can/should be discussed and documented prior to commencement of custom work.
- Pricing & Cost Acceptance
The prices reflected within this document are true at the time of creation. Hourly consulting rates will be fixed for the duration of the defined project as indicated. Costs of travel related expenses may increase with inflation and cannot be guaranteed.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices quoted in Canadian funds unless otherwise specified
- A Purchase Order is required to initiate services
- Utility Software Payment Terms: 75% on Order, 25% on installation of Software on your server.
- Harvest Installing, Implementing and Training Services Payment Terms: 25% of Estimated time based on Initial Estimate. Balance Billed as Actual hours when consumed, 15 day terms from date of billing.
- Applicable Taxes and Freight are additional to all quoted prices and are to be included in the payment terms
- Errors & omissions excepted
- All work is scheduled with the client on a first come - first serve basis upon acceptance of the order by Harvest Ventures and the receipt of the payments described above.
- Although every effort will be made to accommodate the client, Harvest Ventures retains the right to schedule Harvest Ventures personnel throughout the project.
- Installing will take place on a single server location, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- Training will be provided through several methods as dictated by the customer as detailed in Training section.